The Con: How Scams Work & How to Protect Yourself
In this entertaining speech, James Munton uses magic and misdirection to show how easy it is for people to be deceived and the disastrous impact fraud has on victims. James shows the audience how to develop an internal radar to alert them when would-be scammers are near.
- if you are the type of person susceptible to being scammed.
- who is doing the scamming.
- some of the most popular current scams.
- how to protect yourself from being scammed.
In the process, James:
- plays a fun game of chance with an audience member’s $20 bill.
- shows the audience how fake psychics really read your mind.
- magically transfers $100 from one wallet to another.
- demonstrates the devious art of pickpocketing and pilfers more than he bargained for!
This talk is ideal for:
- community events.
- consumer groups.
- events geared towards the general public.
“Thank you for visiting our Prime Time group for our monthly luncheon. The topic of cons, scams, and identify theft was informative as well as entertaining! The use of magic reaches any generation! You are gifted in your communication and entertaining with the younger generation as well as older generation! One comment: WOW!”
N. Reedy, Canyon Creek Church
James Munton is one of the country’s busiest corporate magicians and an expert on deception. His book, The Con: How Scams Work, Why You’re Vulnerable, and How to Protect Yourself is published by Rowman & Littlefield.