Entertaining speaker for healthcare conventions…
Scammers love the healthcare sector.
Infected flash drives, stolen laptops, dumped documents, pilfered passwords…whatever the method, healthcare institutions across the country are experiencing data breaches at an alarming rate and identity theft is the fastest growing crime in America.
- The healthcare industry tops the list of sectors hit by data breaches…a whopping 43%!
- There was a 97 percent increase in healthcare breaches from 2010 to 2011, affecting more than 19 million patient records.
- The economic impact of medical identity theft is estimated at $30.9 billion annually.
- Average cost of a data breach: $194 per compromised record and $5.5 million per data breach event.
- Over half of all U.S. organizations experienced two or more breaches last year. Ninety percent had at least one breach.
- Negligence is still the leading cause of data breaches at 41 percent.
You can wrap your valuable data in sophisticated network firewalls and monitoring systems, but criminals find and exploit the weakest link—us. The truth is that human error and negligence are responsible for most data breaches. The good news is that a little training and a subtle shift in attitude go a long way toward making your members’ organizations secure.
Consider these recent examples:
- Nearly 5 million beneficiaries of the military health insurance program TRICARE were at risk after the organization announced that backup tapes were stolen from a parked vehicle. It was the largest breach reported since the HIPAA breach notification rule went into effect in 2009.
- A weak password led to a breach of servers belonging to the Utah Department of Health, compromising the personal information of an estimated 780,000 people.
- A hospital system in Atlanta was unable to locate computer disks containing personal medical and identifying information on 315,000 patients. The unencrypted disks were kept in an unlocked cabinet.
Exciting, entertaining keynote speaker…
During his fascinating presentation, James Munton will fool every person in the room, demonstrating how easy it is for people to be deceived. By presenting a serious topic in a fun, interactive way, James keeps audiences engaged and entertained. At the end of the presentation, audience members will walk away armed with knowledge about how to protect personal information and improve data security in the workplace. They will understand that each of them has an essential role to play in protecting data and ensuring privacy.
Please browse the information in the speaker packet and call 1-888-773-2155 to discuss booking James Munton for your event.